Product documentation template for Jekyll. Browse through a live demo.
Start documenting your product, application, service or website with this configurable theme.
Edition was made by CloudCannon, the Cloud CMS for Jekyll.
Find more templates and themes at Jekyll Tips.
Learn Jekyll with step-by-step tutorials and videos at Jekyll Tips.
- Two column layout
- Full text search
- Pre-styled components
- Auto-generated navigation based on category
- Optimised for editing in CloudCannon
- Change log
- RSS/Atom feed
- SEO tags
- Google Analytics
- Add your site and author details in
- Get a workflow going to see your site’s output (with CloudCannon or Jekyll locally).
Edition was built with Jekyll version 3.3.1, but should support newer versions as well.
Install the dependencies with Bundler:
jekyll commands through Bundler to ensure you’re using the right versions:
$ bundle exec jekyll serve
Edition is already optimised for adding, updating and removing documentation pages in CloudCannon.
- Add, update or remove a documentation page in the Documentation collection.
- Change the category of a documentation page to move it to another section in the navigation.
- Documentation pages are organised in the navigation by category, with URLs based on the path inside the
- Add, update or remove change log entries from your posts.
- Tag entries as minor or major in the front matter.
excluded_in_search: true to any documentation page’s front matter to exclude that page in the search results.
site.show_full_navigation to control all or only the current navigation group being open.